pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Does not pay for you to buy a brand new aluminum tank for $100+
At some time during your tenure with this hobby, the C02 tank will get swapped and you will end up with a dirty steel tank.
I use to go to Clinton on Jericho and insist on waiting for a refill but somewhere along the 10 years, either they did not do refills or I wasn't willing to come back 3 days later + you save yourself the fee when your tank test expires since you continually swap tanks that are inspected already and good for a few years.

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hi I go to Long Island Soda Systems in Patchogue and they will give you any size tank for 100 deposit . When you are done with the tank they refund your 100 bucks. They also will change tank sizes if you want a lower or larger size for no cost. Just another option

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Does not pay for you to buy a brand new aluminum tank for $100+
At some time during your tenure with this hobby, the C02 tank will get swapped and you will end up with a dirty steel tank.
I use to go to Clinton on Jericho and insist on waiting for a refill but somewhere along the 10 years, either they did not do refills or I wasn't willing to come back 3 days later + you save yourself the fee when your tank test expires since you continually swap tanks that are inspected already and good for a few years.

That's very good to know! I've read that so many places just do swap as well. Let me see if I can buy a cheap used tank or do the Long Island Soda Systems $100 deposit thing.

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
My CO2 finally went out and I went to the closest store that was suggested here. Clinton Welding Supply Co at 40 Jericho Turnpike, Jericho. I went there, they filled it right away. It costed me $15 to refill my 5lb tank. Quick and easy.

It is a Welding supply store, so it is what they do. I don't think it will have any of the drop your tank off and come back to pick up in a few days or doing the tank swap nonsense. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: