Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Everyone, wondering what you guys feel is the best skimmer for the fusion. I was originally looking at the ghost skimmer but people complained its too loud and other cons, however those were posts from years ago, I assume they updated there skimmers and wonder if they are better. Im looking for a skimmer that could go in the sump, however I could explore hang on ones if they can still hang on the back of the tank into the sump.

Thanks Appreciate it, still need to make sure there is room for an IM reactor too. Thanks

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey Everyone, wondering what you guys feel is the best skimmer for the fusion. I was originally looking at the ghost skimmer but people complained its too loud and other cons, however those were posts from years ago, I assume they updated there skimmers and wonder if they are better. Im looking for a skimmer that could go in the sump, however I could explore hang on ones if they can still hang on the back of the tank into the sump.

Thanks Appreciate it, still need to make sure there is room for an IM reactor too. Thanks

If you go to Gills tomorrow. They have IM skimmer. It's next to all they IM display tanks Underneath. I happen to look at it. I'm stopping by later they getting some fish in today. My mistake it wasn't a PR it was reactor.

Last edited:

IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If it fits and I think it should because it just makes it into my girlfiends jbj 24, is the eshopps nano. super super quiet and works great. I have it in the bedroom.

Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Im torn between the fusion 20 or the fusion 40. I recently purchased another API Prime HD lol...so. what ever tank I decide with will be getting 2 API Primes on it. Originally was thinking of getting the fusion 20 gallon, but after seeing the 40 gallon fusion tank at Gills Im torn lol.

However Im suddenly worried, will the built in sump for the 40 gallon be enough for a 40 gallon tank? Ive been told sumps should be 1/3 of display tank, doubt the sump part of the tank is more than 5 gallons lol. Than again I guess it depends

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im torn between the fusion 20 or the fusion 40. I recently purchased another API Prime HD lol...so. what ever tank I decide with will be getting 2 API Primes on it. Originally was thinking of getting the fusion 20 gallon, but after seeing the 40 gallon fusion tank at Gills Im torn lol.

However Im suddenly worried, will the built in sump for the 40 gallon be enough for a 40 gallon tank? Ive been told sumps should be 1/3 of display tank, doubt the sump part of the tank is more than 5 gallons lol. Than again I guess it depends

I wouldn't worry about the size of the sump. If you set it up using LR and a good skimmer it doesn't matter. All in one are perfect for hiding some equipment and not worry about possible plumbing leak. What matters is where it can fit so you can enjoy it and what your willing to spend on it. Also what types of fish you want. Gills having a great deal on them. The old saying the bigger the better. What ever makes you comfortable. Just don't say after you buy one . I should of gotten the other one..lol:spin:

Last edited:

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I have the IM fusion 20 with the ghost skimmer and I feel it's a waste to even use on this tank..i feed heavy and I feel that the skimmer does nothing as it takes forever to fill the cup..i also upgraded the return pump to a jabeo dc-2000 controllable pump,i find that I'm cleaning the filter socks on it more offen

Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey guys thank you for the information everyone, looks like I may end up rolling with fusion 40. Especially with me upgrading to 2 ai primes. I will look into it more, defiantly would need to make a decision on the tank soon since the sale is for a few weeks.

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0

IM 20 is awesome but small, had one running for 1.5yrs great tank but go big or go home !

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: