MDreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You can introduce them as soon as your nitrates are stable and showing a decline, provided there's enough food.

I'd wait until you go through common new tank algae & diatom outbreaks, once those are stabilized you can make a better assessment of how many and what kind. If you get too many too soon they may die of starvation and increase your nitrates...

MDreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry I glanced over that assuming you had fish in.
Yes, I would start with smaller peaceful fish. Keep in mind that some CUC members may be incompatible with some fish and down the road corals if you plan on keeping those.

MDreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What size tank and any fish you'd like to keep down the road?

Many people start by adding blue chromis, but you should make a list of fish you'd like to keep down the road and research their compatibility before adding any.

MDreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You should be ok adding chromis, they shouldn't bother tangs and vice versa.

I would advise against multiple tangs in a 90g tank as well.

Bristletooth tangs (g. Ctenochaetus) tolerate smaller tanks better as they don't grow too big. However, more than 1 in most cases leads to aggression, especially if not introduced together. They also may not be happy with other similar looking fish or other algae eaters...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: