IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I received an email from IM saying they could help with my situation and I genuinely though it was real. Fell for it and opened the attachment. Hope I don?t end up with a house somewhere in a Midwest that I don?t know about :/
Then later on I received an email which I have screenshot and uploaded for you to see....

Attachments

• F8A083B7-AA66-41BA-8446-8B1A93682C68.jpg
    F8A083B7-AA66-41BA-8446-8B1A93682C68.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 132

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Once and a while I'll get an email from Paypal that there is suspicious activity with my account and there is a link included to update the password and information. I know it's a scam despite having the appearance like it's a real email from Paypal, because I should receive a message if there is a purchase with my account which there never is and I also check my app that has up to date activity and always find nothing.
I never send info over an email link. I'll always go through the company website direct if I need to make changes.

IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That?s a goo practice JD
Rookie I don?t think so. The official email from IM said that it was a virus that went for your outlook contacts or something. But something to do with outlook. Maybe your battery was badly drained. Leave it plugged in a couple hours hopefully it will turn back on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: