Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I really enjoy the flow it produces. Real water mover. However, I wish I had a second one on the opposite side and on opposite schedules to create a balance to the movement. It's so directional and basically produces a circular flow from right to left, down, back to the right. And all the corals follow this same flow so the top sways to the left, the bottom to the right (of course depending on the side of tank it is on). If I had a second one, I could have them turn on at different intervals and create more of a balance. Otherwise, it's a great wavemaker.
Fyi - get the foam covers for the wheels...critters do like to sneak in and if a anemone gets near it will get obliterated.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
They're good in the sense that it's a wide flow different from any powerhead that one has experienced. It also can be mounted 2" under the surface without any vortex effect whereas you cannot do that with any powerhead including the Ecotech Vortechs.
The one bad thing is that you do have to clean them more often.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I use to have 4, still have one ( the big one), great pumps, except if you run on wave, damage those ( cheap) bushings connectors, i leave continue flow, NO more problems.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: