Jose.hern621

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I?m currently on vacation in Miami. Was walking around the beach and found a few mangroves stems, a few with roots, and some that are already sprouting. I was wondering if I would be able to take them with me back home NY in my carry on bag? How would I pack them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
The seed pods have no problems being out of water for a very long time. They can be completely dry. Try and pick up the unsprouted ones. They need full sun to grown, MH or LED on the leaves, it will quickly sprout above your lights, then die out, unless they are by a south facing window. Treat them like a coconut, very durable seeds and can take a beating.

joereefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I?m currently on vacation in Miami. Was walking around the beach and found a few mangroves stems, a few with roots, and some that are already sprouting. I was wondering if I would be able to take them with me back home NY in my carry on bag? How would I pack them?

Bring as many as you can I'll buy 2 from you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jose.hern621

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I brought back about 10 mangrove seeds. I was able to contact TSA through Facebook messenger and they said it was ok as long as they were wrapped in a moist paper towel of some kind and put inside a ziplock bag. They don?t allow any plant with actual vase or water in it. Hopefully they?ll grow in my system.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: