techhnyne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
8   2   0
so I had my ex stay over last night because she "needed to use my computer for work cause hers broke"

I left her here this morning and went to work.
Icame back to feed my fish and my sps are totally dead skeletons and my enemone is in a ball and my zoas closed and look grey and my toadstool shriveled and my frogspawn closed, my montis are looking white, my fish are ok though.

can she have put something in my tank to cause this?
my tank was good last night when i want to bed everything was open with color

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
so I had my ex stay over last night because she "needed to use my computer for work cause hers broke"

Icame back to feed my fish and my sps are totally dead skeletons and my enemone is in a ball and my zoas closed and look grey and my toadstool shriveled and my frogspawn closed, my montis are looking white, my fish are ok though.

Why don't you ask her?

techhnyne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
8   2   0
From the moment i read "so I had my ex stay over last night" i knew how this was going to end...... sorry to hear this dude... i suggest a large water change ASAP..
i am setting up hospital tanks tonight to transfer whatever is alive into hopefully that saves things while i figure out whats going on. but so much stuffed died within like 12 hours

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Did you check your water parameters? Tanks only been running for a month or so no? I don't think the corals can just over turn to dead skeletons within 9-10 hrs? Unless she did intentionally pour some bleach or some **** in the tank. Gluck, just check parameters, do a large water change instead of setting up hospital tanks.

techhnyne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
8   2   0
Did you check your water parameters? Tanks only been running for a month or so no? I don't think the corals can just over turn to dead skeletons within 9-10 hrs? Unless she did intentionally pour some bleach or some **** in the tank. Gluck, just check parameters, do a large water change instead of setting up hospital tanks.
my parameters are good.
oly other thing is I installed a UV filter the other day but i cant believe the uv will cause that.

I have a new 250gallon tank so setting up QT tanks to allow for a tank swap to me seems like a good idea. I will take my filter media and 50% new water to a new QT system hopefully what works

CJRIZZOTTI

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That beeeacth did your tank dirty i can't see a tank just crashing so fast unless it was poisoned good luck man that sucks

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

techhnyne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
8   2   0
so update. she did not spike the tank, I installed a UV filter i guess that killed all the good things in my tank it caused my sps frags and chalice to die, i took it offline and now all the rest of the corals are looking alot better!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: