Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Break down the tank, dry out everything or live with them. No matter what chemicals or fish you use, you will never rid them %100

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Add a filefish, maybe even two.
Once the filefish eat them all, keep one filefish for maintenance of sell them both.

Repeat at necessary.
OR take out one rock or two during each water change and scrapped them off as you would a normal non pest anemone, they come off rather easy. Never had them but visited a house of some guy passing them off as dwarf / mini RBTA's and he scrapped them off by prying under the nem base.

Predatory control is easiest option.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
They will take over the tank eventually. Physical removal, or use a syringe filled with a strong base and inject them with a drop, it will die. Take dry baking soda, heat it up in an old pan till it looks like it boils, it will have a pH of 14 now instead of 8. Use a little with water and inject the pest with it. Save the rest of the powder till next time. Don't breath any of it, if you touch it, wash your hands. Once you inject it, it will precipitate calcium out of the water. Don't let the fish nip at it, it will shock kill it. Wave it around till the drop neutralizes in the water.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Add a filefish, maybe even two.
Once the filefish eat them all, keep one filefish for maintenance of sell them both.

Repeat at necessary.
OR take out one rock or two during each water change and scrapped them off as you would a normal non pest anemone, they come off rather easy.

Scrape or brush theses guys will produce more. Their excretion will create more, you don't want to do that. It would be best to take out an infested rock and boiling it or drying it out for a few day

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I killed some I had in my tank with hot vinegar in a syringe, make then retract and immediately apply the hot vinegar.
Just be careful not to use too much vinegar or you will have an algae bloom and pH will drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I had them all over my tank and tried everything including removing almost everything and still could not succeed until I introduced one file fish. They were gone in one week and still have the file fish keeping everything in check

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
get file fish I had to many in my reef 300 gal my first file fish did not eat but second one I bougt of ebay 1 inch file fish I grow very fast and with in 2 month my tank is clean no more aeptesia

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: