jlm080307

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
My Jack o lantern is losing some tissues around the edges. Everything else in the tank looks good. Alk 7.6, calcium, 420, mag 1310, phosphate 0, nitrates 10. Just noticed this last night and it looks like it got worse today. 1st pic is last 2nd pic is today. Should I dip it?
0fd9ed20a4faeacd3a21e53154f18041.jpg
8f8167c7cbdf9e478b065974506ac10e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Sometimes nutrients can be too high. That's one test we never perform. I had a similar issue not too long ago

jlm080307

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
When was the last time you did a water change?
I do water changes every 2 weeks. Everything else in the tank is fine. This chalice has been in my tank for a year and a half. I dipped it in lugols iodine this morning. If it continues to recede I'll probably start fragging some pieces off. Here it is on its 4x4 tile.
a37185b297e16c614f1e40dc2a87b2bc.jpg

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I do water changes every 2 weeks. Everything else in the tank is fine. This chalice has been in my tank for a year and a half. I dipped it in lugols iodine this morning. If it continues to recede I'll probably start fragging some pieces off.

Do you know how many times folks including myself lose corals unnecessarily because all the corals looks fine except one? It's impossible for me to know what's wrong with your coral but from experience I would do a bigger than usual water change now or tomorrow and weekly Make sure your skimmer is working properly and see what happens.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I may add, that coral is very tough. Very, very hard to kill. But as I said earlier I had a similar problem with the false one. No other coral showed signs of sickness I don't remember the name. Send me your number via pm I'll send you a pic.

jlm080307

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I may add, that coral is very tough. Very, very hard to kill. But as I said earlier I had a similar problem with the false one. No other coral showed signs of sickness I don't remember the name. Send me your number via pm I'll send you a pic.
Appreciate the advice! Did a 10 gallon change and checked my skimmer.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I got a tiny frag to grow the size of a half a dollar. I could easily eliminate a few things. I narrowed it down to too high nutrients or polluted water. Skimmer should be working efficiently

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: