jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
im building my stand for my new tank its a marineland 120 it measurements r 48x24x24 now the measurement on the tank is 48 1/4 x 24 x 1/4 because of the framing on the tank can i getaway wit the 48x24 or do i need to start over also do i need to add any beams in the middle i want 1 door any help would b appreciated thnks

Attachments

• 0A7BE3F4-66BA-43BF-B4F0-7092298F891C.jpg
    0A7BE3F4-66BA-43BF-B4F0-7092298F891C.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Odysi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
If your skinning the outside and adding a plywood top you will make up that 1/4". I would add cross bracing at the top were the tank sits but your good with the vertical bracing imo. You can put one in the back to play it safe if you want.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i made a mistake the frame is 48 1/4 x 24 1/4 a friend of mines has 4 pieces of 24x48 my question should have been being its off by 1/4 inch can i use them or do i need to get the exact size plywood i wll b adding support across the top fo more support

Last edited:

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
K would I need 2 put plywood on the top or can I leave that open

You could leave the top like that without the plywood, but if your concern a piece of 2x4 in the middle to pull it together would give a lot more lateral strength. I think that stand is more than enough for a 120. I would be more afraid of the screws giving out over the wood.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My 225 sits on a all plywood stand that's been up for 10+ years. 2x4 are an overkill if you seen the particle stands manufactured for tanks.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
the top is not screwed on yet i left it lke that so i can put plywood on the bottom n inside of the stand im gonna put 2 beams across the middle n 1 on each side on the corner n the wrap it was thinking pop out doors n all 3 sides so i can have access from all 3 sides thnks 4 da advice will be posting up pics on the progress

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
the top is not screwed on yet i left it lke that so i can put plywood on the bottom n inside of the stand im gonna put 2 beams across the middle n 1 on each side on the corner n the wrap it was thinking pop out doors n all 3 sides so i can have access from all 3 sides thnks 4 da advice will be posting up pics on the progress

Yea, if the top is going to be like what you have on the bottom, you definetly don't need the plywood.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: