evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
How many people run them? Reviews and pretty much are they worth it? I am in the middle of deciding if i am going Biopellets or Algae scrubber but the damn ARID reactors are insanely expensive, imo.

I dont like the reviews of the skimz version.

I dont like the ugly look of the diy or outside LEDs. Looks like ***. I may have to just fork out for the ARID reactor but want to hear from who runs them first.

If you do run the ARID, do you run anything else like biopellets, zeovit etc.? Do you still run a fuge for pods?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
What does ARID stand for? a specific model?

My new setup is going to be with some sort of algae scrubbing, also having the same problem of the high price tag for the premade ones, they are just so simple to DIY, but the plumbing is making it difficult for me to use, since they need to be above a sump. I just can't incorporate one in a stream line way yet.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
How many people run them? Reviews and pretty much are they worth it? I am in the middle of deciding if i am going Biopellets or Algae scrubber but the damn ARID reactors are insanely expensive, imo.

I dont like the reviews of the skimz version.

I dont like the ugly look of the diy or outside LEDs. Looks like ***. I may have to just fork out for the ARID reactor but want to hear from who runs them first.

If you do run the ARID, do you run anything else like biopellets, zeovit etc.? Do you still run a fuge for pods?
By far , i try to confuse you, but what exactly you try to control ? Nitrates ? PO4 ? Both ?
I try most of the mechanical or Biological filters, over list 25 years up, i NOT finish .
# 1 Bio pellets work well , but NOT well on PO4 most Nitrate, also i try more then 5-6 dif. brands, the ONLY one work very well for me , was NP (made in Holland one of the first ) there is a GOOD way to run , most of ppl. use wrong reactor. To increase the energy of lifting the pellets you need dual OUT put , 99 % of filters don't have , check my posts. A good protein Skimmer is MUST. You may have hard time to balance the Nitrate and PO4 by using only B.P.
#2 I use to grow Macro Algae ( Chaetto, Filter scrubber ) more then all you ever know. Is true , there is a dif. controlling the Low Nutrition , i end up to dose all kind of stuff to see some Nitrate or PO4, i realize NEVER got some nice color on some SPS even colony's, now i run a combination of GFO ( for PO4) and Denitrification Filter ( home made , Sulfur) the reason i try this filter , Triton results show me deficiency of Sulfur, then i try this filter (home made) i drop Nitrate from around 50 ppm to 8 ppm ( Red sea and salifert) i will remove one (i made 2) when i got close to 2 to 5 ppm Nitrate.
#3 I don't think adding more CO2 in the water will be a good think, most of ppl. run Protein Skimmer air INTAKE from Outside, increase PH, NOT decrease. If you wait few more weeks i may give you some updates.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: