jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
so just got my ts34 from synergy reef the return section has a lid n a 1' bulkhead im guessing its to connect the return pump im used to the standard sump return sections open just connect pvc n a union n thats it looking for ideas to connect this so maintenance can be much easier

Attachments

• 0FF37551-3B87-40A6-94A7-23F42CF74D92.jpg
    0FF37551-3B87-40A6-94A7-23F42CF74D92.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 178

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
you can do something similar to what you're used to, come down from the bulkhead with a union, then the pump under it.

Or if you dont want to align the pump output under the bulkhead you can also come down, put an elbow, then a union, then another elbow down into the pump.

And one last option would be to use a barbed adapter and just do everything under that bulkhead in vinyl tubing with a clamp that you would be able to undo for maintenance.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
really dont know a little frustrated spent so much money u thnk they would at least give some kind of flex tubing or pvc like the geo sumps i just put it up 4 sale ill c where it goes from there thnks 4 da advice

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i wanted to put it right under the bulkhead but the probe holders r on the baffle near da bulkhead i would have to put it near the front n use 45s plus i need a union for maintenance i had to offers 4 $300 some of the members here r characters im just gonna stay wit ill think of something thnks

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Well to be fair, even though it may be brand new, if someone buys it from you they likely won't have a warranty which you have the luxury of having as the original owner.

I would definitely say use it, looks like a sweet sump. Should take less than $10 worth of supplies to get that working. I'd personally go with the vinyl tubing though because it will reduce vibration noises.

pweissma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I could give you a small piece of 1" flex pvc if it would help. Personally I think it looks like a pain. I would remove the bulkhead and just run pvc through the opening to the output of your vectra.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: