Reef Trends

www.reeftrends.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Really nice 'all in one' and quite. The ato isnt really big enough for more than a couple days but some people mod them into fuges and add a bigger one. The deluxe version is nice. It comes with two hydra 26hd and light mounts that fold up for when working in the tank. Now they offer screen top kits too that are reasonably prices. If/when you are ready drop us a line and we can help you save on the system of choice.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Its a great tank-if thats the size u want. I have it and love it. Ditched the ATOlike mentioned above. There is some constant need of tweaking the overflow but it is silent once it's going. Id say go for it

NYReefer

GOT FRAGS??
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just set up a reefer 350... was gonna get the 250 and decided to go bigger for the extra 300...very happy thus far quality is there. Looking into converting the ato that comes with to a fuge and getting bigger ato chamber

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
If it were me doing my plumbing and setting up the 250 again i would get the TS 26 synergy sump. That thing looks really nice and doubles ur sump volume and refugium built in. I think those peopke that convert the ato to refugium are getting little benefit except a place for pods to grow. Its too small of an ATO. Idk

SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Out of curiosity (hopefully this isn?t an incredibly stupid question) is there a reason not to use the main compartment in the sump as a fuge grow some cheato in it and keep the ato as an ato?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYReefer

GOT FRAGS??
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
@stevezz theres a thread called ?Show Off and Discuss Your Red Sea Reefer Series? ive been reading on R2R 300 pages a ton of info on all the reefer tanks. I figured i could grow some chaeto and throw some extra pieces of lr in there for pods to grow better than nothing...its only 3g reservior id like a larger one. Ive seen people add a baffle in main chamber to slow the flow for fuge section but limits your space. One thing ive read is the ato float valve that comes with it isnt the best im not going to use it i have a tunze osmolator ill use.

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Yes that thread on R2R will answer all your questions. Long read!
If you pit cheato in that chamber it will spill over to your return pump section and will clog your pump and you in trouble. I use Aquaforest method so no cheato to use so don?t really care.

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Out of curiosity (hopefully this isn?t an incredibly stupid question) is there a reason not to use the main compartment in the sump as a fuge grow some cheato in it and keep the ato as an ato?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As others have said you might have problems doing that but you can build a net box out of plastic canvas (made for knitting) or get creative and have chato grow in there

SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
@stevezz theres a thread called ?Show Off and Discuss Your Red Sea Reefer Series? ive been reading on R2R 300 pages a ton of info on all the reefer tanks. I figured i could grow some chaeto and throw some extra pieces of lr in there for pods to grow better than nothing...its only 3g reservior id like a larger one. Ive seen people add a baffle in main chamber to slow the flow for fuge section but limits your space. One thing ive read is the ato float valve that comes with it isnt the best im not going to use it i have a tunze osmolator ill use.

Thanks, there's a lot to read there.

NYReefer

GOT FRAGS??
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yes that thread on R2R will answer all your questions. Long read!
If you pit cheato in that chamber it will spill over to your return pump section and will clog your pump and you in trouble. I use Aquaforest method so no cheato to use so don?t really care.

How do you like AF? I was reading into their system but saw some mixed reviews online. Which salt you using?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: