evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Anyone ever see this for sale or make one?

https://youtu.be/2kO1YXYnio0

2kO1YXYnio0

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I have that and love it. Ive never rinsed my frozen food so doesn't bother me. Just drop the cube in and it slowly let's the food out as it melts. After a few weeks the fish learned to sit with their faces under it waiting for the first few pieces of food.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Marrone - same exaxt thought process as you. Letting extra phosphates and preservatives emter the tank.

Reefiness - no issues with dropping them in and where did you by it or diy?

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I have it and i love it. I drop a poece of LRS food in it or drop a cube of food. Slowly breaks down or i just give it a little stir to break it up. Been using it everyday for over a year now.
I used to use it to attach my shrooms too!!

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Is nice , if you wont care about PO4.
I rinse in RO/DI , before , i check the PO4 after ( 1 qt. of water) around 1.4 ppm up .
Not to mention , if stop return pump , everybody in the tank enjoy.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I was going to bite the bullet but your right. The way I am exporting no3/po4 is not going to suffice with too many added nutrients. I'll personally stick away from it. Someone with ULNS would definitely love this tho.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
First , rinse the frozen food inside the fishing net in 1 qt. RO/DI water , keep doing for 2 weeks , monitor PO4 in tank also the glass around the tank and polyps on Corals. Put OFF return pump one hour.

Then , NO rinse the frozen food, cut one Coca-Cola plastic bottle , use that like that fancy feeder , same , monitor PO4 in tank also around the tank and polyps on Corals.Put OFF return pump one hour.

Then , you the judge.

PO4 is NOT a pleasure to deal.

IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have it and don?t like at all! I removed the cups and use it as an expensive *** feeding ring. It only works if you have really high flow smacking the cup. If you have low flo it?s a no go haha. In fact I think I have moderate flow. I?m Using a Jebao Sw 8 at mid power on the left side and another sun sun pump on the right, both on a 40B. And when I put the cubes in they just sit there. I?ve seen the videos, ive flipped the cups nothing.

As far as the frozen cubes I rinse mine. When I buy my hikari frozen shhrimp I thaw the whole pack rinse it all and I add garlic and vitamins and refreeze it. So no worries about the extra juice from the shrimp.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: