maryannb6843

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36 gal fluval M90 Nano Reef tank. It has about 40 lbs of live rock & 3 ? sand. It ha been running about 6 yrs. it is a mixed coral and fish tank with 4 fish , three who are as old as the tank. They have all grown as expected so now I have a 3 and1/2 inch maroon clown, 2 inch Cronus, a3 inch Royal Gramma and a 4 inch Melanarus. I was having a problem. With aiptasia and got a file fish who did?t do the job so I took the chance on a second and I have no more aiptasia. But for the past 3 days my Melanarus is racing around the tank and hitting his nose into the glass. I moved the rock to the center of the tank to give him more space, he is also diving under the sand with more force than before and stirs up the whole tank. I think he may have outgrown this tank. Does this behavior sound like it. I can?t afford a larger tank but will give him to someone with a larger tank who will take good care of him rather than see him going through this if tank size is the problem. Appreciate some input. He?s a beautiful fish.
2203ac9517e3515877f5212870a62826.jpg
c2d775d20fcef2ae0215507af7c0076e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joebust

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Fish

if you decided to let him go i have a 180 bowl front tank waiting for him or if you want i have a 75 gallon reef tank to give away for free

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Hey, sorry to beat a dead horse but I'd be willing to take it and pay a bit on top. I was about to go out and purchase one so this saves me some time.

Please let me know.

maryannb6843

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you decided to let him go i have a 180 bowl front tank waiting for him or if you want i have a 75 gallon reef tank to give away for free

I would love to keep him as he is one of my favorite fish and I have had him for so long. I have only had nano tanks and would like a larger tank. Is it a lot more difficult setting up a regular reef tank as I do this by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
If you upgrade you don't need a sump nor refugium. And have a cover over that tank at all times. Wrasses are jumpers. Good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: