Fire shrimp or Cleaner shrimp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Antf

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
wondering if I should get a fire shrimp or a cleaner shrimp. I like the deep colors on the fire shrimp, but I keep hearing that they hide a lot, which would defeat the purpose. The cleaner shrimp isn?t as nice looking, but supposedly would stay out in the open more. It may be possible that this shrimp would stay in hiding too. Trying to weigh the options.

Here?s what I currently have:
125g with sump and about 100lbs of rock
2 Davinci clowns
1 male and 1 female lyre tail anthias
4 peppermint shrimp ( they hid until feeding tome, but they are growing)
Bi color blenny
Strawberry pseudo
1 diamond goby

Plan on getting corals in the future. Tank has been up since dec. I?ve already managed to kill Xenia and gsp, so I?m waiting a few more months.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Love my fire shrimp, without a doubt the first thing that catches your eye with that pop of color....out and active all day, very rarely does it hide. Gets right in the middle of all the fish during feedings. It will cling onto my hand when it's in the tank.

And on several occasions I've seen it cleaning my yellow watchman, although I haven't been able to get a picture of that yet.

But with 125 gallons...get both.

Last edited:

Antf

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I put this post on FB, I?ve had someone say that he has 2 tanks. In The tank with 2 fire shrimp, they both stay out often.... in the tank with 1, it hides. Now I?m thinking of getting 2 fire shrimp at once. Anyone experience this?

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have both in my 75g. The cleaner pals around with the clowns on the left side of the tank and the fire shares the same home with my firefish on the right side. The cleaner has invaded the fire's space from time to time but he just gets shooed away by the fire shrimp.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: