proberok

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a colony of blue zoas that recently closed up. They havent opened in days. My Red colony looks fine and Im even growing a new polyp on a little rock on the sand bed. The blue colony has 2 different color blues. One color opens a bit and the other is fully closed. They are in the same colony so i cant understand whats going on. I also have 2 hammers that are on their last leg. The tank is a 36 gallon that has been running for about 10 years. I dont have any test kits for calcium or alkalinity so im thinking about getting whatever will help my corals. Any suggestions on what to do next would appreciated.

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I have a similar situation going on. lots of zoo colonies thriving. cleaned my rockwork with a turkey baster and blasted a bunch of the zoo colonies. a fire and ice colony of 30 heads has not opened since....one week already. figured they'd become un-pissed of by now...odd. others are fine.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
If it has been days, any new additions? Any signs of nudis/eggs? Why not try a dip in revive? **There have been people claim it causes issues with zoas but I didn't have a problem when I kept all my zoas.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How long have they been in the tank? Are they new additions or have they been in there a while?

Any other corals acting differently?

First thing I'd do is know your parameters. Get some test kits and get a baseline of where everything is at. If something is grossly "off" make small changes to get it back in line. These numbers may give u an idea of what is bothering them.

Could be anything...too much light, too little light, too much flow, aggressive neighboring coral...gotta look at the whole picture.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: