Rjukan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Best bet is to order some from a reputable store and follow/reuse what they did. It's usually a standard cardboard box that is fitted with Styrofoam panels on all sides, top and bottom. Corals in small bags filled with O2 (I would imagine), with shipping peanuts to take up the rest of the space. Add a appropriate sized hand warmer wrapped in a piece of newspaper and that's it. Make sure there is no dead space so the bags don't move around.

FonzesFishFarm

FonzesFishFarm
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Oh and double bag the corals and put all the bags in a plastic bag, cinched closed with rubberband before putting in the box. At least that's what I've seen so far when ordering livestock.

Thank you for that. Where do you get styrofoam boxes with properly fit boxes for shipping? Are there hand warmers that reach specific temps for this?

Rjukan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I don't think the temp of the hand warmer is as important as the duration. Some are rated for longer than others, I should have paid more attention to what was in the last order I got, but I did noticed it said 24hrs.

You can use any standard cardboard box, and I believe you can get the Styrofoam from any hardware store. I'll take a look and see if I can add a pic of what I'm talking about. You buy a larger sheet and cut it to fit the box you have.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: