nanchil

Crawling Reefer.
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
I started my tank few months back with Marco rocks and live sand. The tank is up and running for few months. It went through the regular cycling process. I did dump a couple bottle of Bio Spira to speed up the cycling process. I am noticing red slime over the rocks ... Wondering is it normal for Marco rocks ... I am running GFO ... Might use red slime remover ... but would like to know if this is a extended cycling ? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 163

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
the tank is still young. just be patient, feed less, and keep up with water changes. I've had Marco rocks in my tank for about 7 years now and I don't think they are leaching anything.

junker68

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
In an established tank, I had an issue with cyanobacteria, and I used Chemi-clean.
I'm not a chemical guy, but after water changes upon water changes, I gave in and I now swear by it.
Follow the directions and the cyno is GONE!

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In an established tank, I had an issue with cyanobacteria, and I used Chemi-clean.
I'm not a chemical guy, but after water changes upon water changes, I gave in and I now swear by it.
Follow the directions and the cyno is GONE!

+1. I just went through this in my new setup. I didn't want to but was the best thing. 3 days all gone hasn't comeback. Matter what a did water change and GFO cyano never went away until chemi-clean.

nanchil

Crawling Reefer.
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Update

Sorry ... I didn't use Chemi clean yet ... I used red slime remover ... Its been 20 hours and i do see the change ... But still wondering what are those in the rocks ...

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
That chemi-clean usually works in 48 hours...after about a day you'll see the color of the slime starting to change. Around 36 hours you'll see it starting to loosen from the rock and sand. Around 48 hours it will come dislodged and get taken up by the filters.

Amazing stuff.

nanchil

Crawling Reefer.
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Thanks ... After 48 hours everything looks clean ... Amazing .. Now running Chemi-Pure elite ... Used Oceanic Salt (Found in my garage...unopened .. Hope no expiration date .. Got this one 7 years back and for some reason didn't use it) for a 30% water change ... now all good ... all happy :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: