jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anybody ever been to this place ? I tried to visit about 10 min ago with my brothers. There was a woman sitting at the register i pulled the door to enter and it was locked , I looked up at her and she shook her head as to say we cant enter . Their hours are listed as being open until 7. The store was lit as if they were open. I walked back to my car and called the shop and watched the same woman answer the phone , I asked if they were open and she says yeah till 7. Whats up with that ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   1
She's actually pretty cool I've known her from years ago when they owned a different store. Seems like she was shook, sad. They seem to have a buzzer. I'm assuming for a reason.

jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It felt like we were discriminated against. I hate to jump to conclusions. I wonder if a store rep can chime in if they are active on this forum. I just dont see any reason that we werent allowed into the store.

Relz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   1
You might be right champ and it doesn't make it right but I wouldn't just say flat out discriminated against, I'd say she was just a bit apprehensive and made a bad decision not to let you in obviously. She's pretty cool like I said before. Shook, maybe!

jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You might be right champ and it doesn't make it right but I wouldn't just say flat out discriminated against, I'd say she was just a bit apprehensive and made a bad decision not to let you in obviously. She's pretty cool like I said before. Shook, maybe!

Shouldnt be shook to open your doors to business in broad daylight. Sadly its an experience i know all to well. Ill gladly spend my money elsewhere F*** that place.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Chill out, I live around the corner. They lock the door sometimes if they are going to the back or when doing maintenance. They usually forget that it's locked and open it. Had you pulled the door and stood there they would have apologized and opened the door. I've known them awhile and their kids go to school with mine. I can assure you that there wasn't some racist undertone here. They just lock the door sometimes.

jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Chill out, I live around the corner. They lock the door sometimes if they are going to the back or when doing maintenance. They usually forget that it's locked and open it. Had you pulled the door and stood there they would have apologized and opened the door. I've known them awhile and their kids go to school with mine. I can assure you that there wasn't some racist undertone here. They just lock the door sometimes.

I pulled and looked her straight in the face , she looked at me and shook her had no. I didnt just pull and walk off.

jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I was intentionally denied entry into the store.

devoinbk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Know the place well it?s in my neighborhood. The owner is that woman?s son Ray. Cool guy very knowledgeable. A previous poster mentioned that the mother owned another store, she did on Utica between Flatlsnds and L. That store was garbage and she was tough to deal with. Ray runs this shop knows his s#$t and is always willing to make a deal, you just have to catch him while he?s in the shop He does a lot of outside custom jobs. the family owns a manufacturing company out in California that builds all kinds of reactors and skmmers and stuff like that I forget the name. The store is spotless carries a good variety of fish and coral as well as all the types of supplies at equipment. Good luck trying to get him to sell you something out of the back tank he saves all the best stuff for the custom builds he does. Tell him Devo sent you......you might do a little better.

Hove75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Sorry to hear about that but as said by devoinbk I knew them from the store they had on Utica 1000 island. I've never had a problem with them what's so ever prices are ok not great but they are ok people

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That?s the store from Utica!!!!!! Wow I been there their also they are good peoples. They are normally busy so you have to understand Theodore lock situation. Am sure if you go back you will have a better experience. Those mom and pop LFS are a dying breed so we have to support them when we can

Odysi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Good luck trying to get him to sell you something out of the back tank he saves all the best stuff for the custom builds he does. Tell him Devo sent you......you might do a little better.

agreed i tried buying a blotchy he had in the coral tank in the middle he wouldnt sell me anything out of there. Other wise store is always clean and fish are healthy. Sucks that the OP had a bad experience. The owner seems like a stand up guy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: