FishyLovers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a hydor ATO and the controller keeps making the beeping sounds its supposed to make when something is wrong, like there is too much water in the tank or the pump is disconnected. My pump is working fine, so I'm not sure if I should replace the controller, the water level sensor, or do something else to fix it. Any ideas?

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I don't have a hydor, but when my float switch got gunked up with soda ash, it would beep the same warnings. could be a bad sensor.
however, I also had the controller go bad...probably from a leak during a blackout, and it never worked the same. start with the sensor first, since that's cheaper. replace and see what happens. good luck!

Gracias

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have one. Its a pia. The alarm is always pinging. If the pump overfills past the top post it pings. If the pump does not fill it fast enough it pings. I put a valve on a small pump and set the sensors and ato water in my sump. You have to play with it and dial the valve in. Once you get it should work fine

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: