Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
We deal with Planet Aquarium installs if need any assistance.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

To be honest I might...Ive been trying to get pricing from LFS and I haven?t heard back from them. Right now I?m just trying to get pricing to gauge whether or not this tank will be an option for me. I?m interested in the 36? Crystalline with a stand and ghost overflow, I don?t need the sump if that?s an option.

Mooka151

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ djbetterly Im going to be upgrading my current tank in the near future. Did a bunch of homework on tank makers and I came up with a similar list, Reef Savvy, Coast to Coast and Miracles. Also looked at glass cages & Marineland, I currently own a 90 gal Marineland and its served me well for 5 years. Im sure a bunch of guys on here have them as well and some will disagree with me but I feel that when going with a larger tank they are under built. 1/2 glass is just not as strong and doesnt have the same bonding surface as 3/4" glass.
I think it would be pretty hard to go wrong with Reef Savvey, Miracles or Coast to Coast. I ended up getting a quote from Savvy and Miracles, Coast to Coast never responded. The tank specifications were 60" wide x 28" tall and 36" deep about 260 gal, eurobraced, external ghost overflow, and 3/4" glass all around & low iron glass on 3 sides. Miracles was $3,200 including shipping fees and Savvey was $5,200 not including shipping ($1,100). Both had a waiting list and both make a beautifully executed and overbuilt tank. The one difference that I noticed in the build of the tank is Savvey has armored seams, its an extra piece of glass in the corners that protects the silicone seams from damage when cleaning the glass & they do a multi laver bottom panel. Honestly I never heard of it before my research but it does make sense, I believe I will be ordering the Miracles, as awesome as the Savvey tank sounds I believe the Miracles tank is 90% of the way there and I just cant justify the increase in price for the Savvey. Not a knock on Savvey, just need to have some money left over for fish food.

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
@ djbetterly Im going to be upgrading my current tank in the near future. Did a bunch of homework on tank makers and I came up with a similar list, Reef Savvy, Coast to Coast and Miracles. Also looked at glass cages & Marineland, I currently own a 90 gal Marineland and its served me well for 5 years. Im sure a bunch of guys on here have them as well and some will disagree with me but I feel that when going with a larger tank they are under built. 1/2 glass is just not as strong and doesnt have the same bonding surface as 3/4" glass.
I think it would be pretty hard to go wrong with Reef Savvey, Miracles or Coast to Coast. I ended up getting a quote from Savvy and Miracles, Coast to Coast never responded. The tank specifications were 60" wide x 28" tall and 36" deep about 260 gal, eurobraced, external ghost overflow, and 3/4" glass all around & low iron glass on 3 sides. Miracles was $3,200 including shipping fees and Savvey was $5,200 not including shipping ($1,100). Both had a waiting list and both make a beautifully executed and overbuilt tank. The one difference that I noticed in the build of the tank is Savvey has armored seams, its an extra piece of glass in the corners that protects the silicone seams from damage when cleaning the glass & they do a multi laver bottom panel. Honestly I never heard of it before my research but it does make sense, I believe I will be ordering the Miracles, as awesome as the Savvey tank sounds I believe the Miracles tank is 90% of the way there and I just cant justify the increase in price for the Savvey. Not a knock on Savvey, just need to have some money left over for fish food.

Great info! Thank you! I?ll check out Miracles as well. Still waiting on numbers from Planet Aquariums as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: