Angelfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey, was wondering if anyone else used these, they're cheap but work well, have a good controller and are totally silent - trouble with them seems to be lasting.

I've got 3 that don't work, 2 of them don't spin at all when plugged in, cleaned them off with vinegar and all and nothing doing, the 3rd has a different issue, the controller is lit up until it's plugged into the wavemaker wire, then lights out, not sure if there's a solution for these 2 issues or maybe it's time to invest in American brands, I've been thinking between vortech and gyre unless someones got an idea how to patch these

Any insight is appreciated

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a problem with mine locking up at lower speeds. Heard about replacing those ceramic bushings to stop the problem. I cut some bushings out of RODI tubing and used those instead of the ceramic and haven't had them lock up since. Three years now and no problems. What really kills these pumps quickly is having an on and off program on them, I have a ramp up and down program on them so they never shut off, besides for feeding.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: