Junbug

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Im setting up a 65 gal rimless RR cube tank.
It?s running with for two weeks now with :
Solomatic sump and skimmer
Jabao submersible return pump 9000 (lowest setting)
Aqamai full spectrum led lights
Aqamai wave makers
Both are controlled by the app.
Tank has live sand a rock.
Pretty much that?s all I have.

Having trouble with my skimmer- too much bubbles on the lowest setting.
Having trouble setting up my lights and wave makers to work in conjunction with one another.
I?ve called both venders solomatic (previously known as vertex) and Aqamai- not helpful at all.

Anyone here can help a brother out with this set up, it has the potential with the proper tweaking. I?m in Secaucus New Jersey

Attachments

• 4650CD98-FA02-4C6C-BBA7-85EBB9B1BD51.jpg
    4650CD98-FA02-4C6C-BBA7-85EBB9B1BD51.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 87
  • A4C9BFDC-8425-4CDC-813E-E8F9D7090500.jpg
    A4C9BFDC-8425-4CDC-813E-E8F9D7090500.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 84

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
not sure on the lights, but all skimmers have a break in period. the bubbles should lessen as time goes by. just keep it running and overflowing (even without the cup in for now) You should notice the bubble quantity to decrease. as that happens, open the gate more (overflows more) until you are satisfied with the quantity with the collection cup on. patience is key

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
It shouldnt. If your sump doesnt have separate chambers you can put piece of rock or filter floss to act as a barrrier before your return pump so you dont get as much microbubbles back in the DT. But the bubbles are only adding O2 and turbulence, which is good.
Those rock flowers nems will have a tough time in a newly cycled tank...most nems should be added only in established tanks. Maybe look to sell?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: