richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hey everyone, logging back in after many years to check in - I've got the itch to start up a tank again.

I see some things have changed like LEDs becoming the standard now which is great cause I remember when they were just beginning.

I hear now there are restrictions on corals/fish from Indonesia & Hawaii now?

Also, whatever happened to the MR frag swaps? They were pretty fun.
Has the hobby grown at all?

Overall, what should I know now if I want to get back into the hobby?

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Huge advances in nutrition, lighting, ghost overflow, bean animal plumbing, etc. We?re at a turning point in low to no water changes. Sharing experience and info via internet no doubt a big part of that. There?s also more and more occurrences of disease

Last edited:

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Huge advances in nutrition, lighting, ghost overflow, bean animal plumbing, etc. We?re at a turning point in low to no water changes. Sharing experience and info via internet no doubt a big part of that. There?s also more and more diseases and occurrences

Woah - low to no water changes? Could you further explain/What should I Google?

This bean animal plumbing & ghost over-flow is very interesting. Would definitely encourage me putting a tank in my bedroom instead of the basement.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I?ve been experimenting with big fuge and or algae scrubber for a few years now. Have yet to need a water change on my well stocked well fed 220 going on 3 years.
Triton is now, me thinks, the first to make this mainstream, by offering supplies to help accomplish this.
Bunch of good vids on this, and many other topics, on BRS tv

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: