Status
Not open for further replies.

IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
First of all, I've shopped at aquarium village many many times and have always been happy with the staff and their service. I don't go often though because it is pretty far for me to get to and Since I had to go to the mall around there, I decided to stop by and get some snails and hermit crabs which I have been thinking about getting. I ordered Ten snails and the gentleman got them for me but I didn't bother to check them and when I got home they were all empty except for three. I paid for ten and got three red legged hermit crabs lol. I was so angry frustrated upset etc. but it's too far for me to go and complain about it and I'll just take it as a lesson to check that I'm not getting empty shells. This is not really to slam aquarium village as I do expect to shop there again, but more to warn you guys to make sure you don't get empty shells because just because you see shells doesn't mean there is life inside of them. Here's a Pic of me acclimating my new hermit shells. I wanted them to have a smooth transition into their new home.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah. Don?t like to bad mouth, but since Rocco left that place has been on the decline. Keep going back in there hoping it will turn around

Advanced marine aquatics is my new fav

Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
First of all, I've shopped at aquarium village many many times and have always been happy with the staff and their service. I don't go often though because it is pretty far for me to get to and Since I had to go to the mall around there, I decided to stop by and get some snails and hermit crabs which I have been thinking about getting. I ordered Ten snails and the gentleman got them for me but I didn't bother to check them and when I got home they were all empty except for three. I paid for ten and got three red legged hermit crabs lol. I was so angry frustrated upset etc. but it's too far for me to go and complain about it and I'll just take it as a lesson to check that I'm not getting empty shells. This is not really to slam aquarium village as I do expect to shop there again, but more to warn you guys to make sure you don't get empty shells because just because you see shells doesn't mean there is life inside of them. Here's a Pic of me acclimating my new hermit shells. I wanted them to have a smooth transition into their new home.

Hi

First we would like to apologize for the missing hermits. We get hundreds of inverts a week and we will take a look at our stock and see what happened. We will replace the hermits the next time you come in and again we apologize for any inconvenience we have caused

Thanks for shopping with us
Aquarium Village

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mistakes happen,...the shop missed the empty shells, just like the purchaser did.
I think its great of both the shop and the customer to be able to communicate freely here without bashing each other at all. Pretty commendable.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Most stores on LI are on the decline unfortunately... Only store I use is advance marine aquatics and is the only store I will continue to use.

Seems like they will take care of the issue next time you are in though, which is good to see.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I go to Aquarium Village almost every week and I love the place. Now I moved pretty far away so I don't go as often but where I live now there is only one LFS and it is pretty sparse and still pretty far.

I will go to Aquarium Village this week because I just moved my tank to a bigger one and it is a little sparse. But I will call first to see if they have anything I want.
Unfortunately all LFSs are in decline as it is not a huge money making business like selling signed pictures of Nancy Pelosi. :cool:

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It's a tough business to make a living. LFS just can't rely on selling fish and coral. A successful LFS has to have a maintenance service or sell online. Most hobbyist would rather go to LFS and pick they own stuff. Another problem not many LFS and most are far. Than LFS don't have much in stock. Tough business unles the owners are rich.

FishyKat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropical Showcase on Old Country Road

they have a lot of work to do. Rocco was telling me of his plans when I went last week. I am excited for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: