atorres53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I am converting my 40 breeder to a display refugium. It is connected to my 150 SPS display tank. The lighting is a Radion xr30w Gen 3 Pro. It has a 4 inch sand bed and has been running for 9 months. I am looking for tips and pictures or videos.
Thanks,
Angel

AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I split the line from the DT. 1 portion of the line from the DT goes to the fuge with a ball valve so you control the fuge flow and the rest of the line goes to the sump. The fuge then gravity dumps into the sump then back to DT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have the same. See the pic. 1.5" from DT. With a Y. The reduced portion goes to fuge with ball valve. Other portion. Goes down to sump with a gate valve to balance system. My so is below my fuge. My fuge gravity dumps into DT. See pic

62aef3b42603c4f83e7a19b3848dc151.jpg

AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Sorry I had a mistake above my fuge gravity dumps to my sump. The sump returns all to DT.

When I do a water I only fuss with gate valve not fuge ball valve. The only time I play with ball valve for fuge is to play with the flow once in a while.

atorres53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I have the same. See the pic. 1.5" from DT. With a Y. The reduced portion goes to fuge with ball valve. Other portion. Goes down to sump with a gate valve to balance system. My so is below my fuge. My fuge gravity dumps into DT. See pic

62aef3b42603c4f83e7a19b3848dc151.jpg

"My fuge gravity dumps into DT." Is your fuge above your DT? Or did you mean to say it gravity dumps into the sump?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: