jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone, i needed help with this nuisance that keeps growing on my rocks. It brown and brushes off pretty easy. Has a slimy texture and covers my rocks , overflow and patches on my sand. Phosphate levels are currently undetectable , as well as nitrates . I use 0 tds rodi water for water changes and top off.
d8529af3bb0dbc71a9dc2a0d958ef2cb.jpg
9b15dc0bf9e0d0375677c142ef01e74d.jpg
off no matter how pristine i keep the water. IMG_1030.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 161

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
May be Dino ,
Use a pipette suck some long (hair shape ) , put in one plastic cup mix with water , agitate the cup or mix , if regroup in same shape in one to 3 min. may be Dino.
I got scope also if you decide to check.
Zero PO4 and zero Nitrate encourage Dino.
If, you see dead snails remove it, Dino feed on everything die.
NO water change , until , you sure is NOT Dino.
Feed more , increase some PO4 and Nitrate ( problem is......i see NO Fish or Corals )
Add some Bacteria and pods.

thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rocks need to be pulled and scrubbed clean. No other options. They are to far consumed with algae. Nothing will clean that up but manual cleaning. Put rocks back and try to keep nutrients low. Those rocks most likely came with the nutrient problem instead of bad water quality. Your situation is definitely fixable. Pull rock, put into sink with fresh water running over it and scrub with brush until most is gone. Put rock back. Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: