pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Bubble algae can take down a beautiful display if not in check. Just multiplies and gets into every nook and cranny.
I've seen where emeralds mow them down and then again where emeralds have no interest.
If you don't have encrusted corals and since it's a nano sized tank, consider replacing the rock if emeralds don't work.

rich

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have been trying vibrant for the past month and have gotten rid of them. was skeptical but not sure if it is also because i was manually removing them and got a gfo

J-Knight

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I took my gfo down due to sps not getting enough nutrients might need to put it back up but with less gfo and grab some emralds only thing that sucked was last emrald i had started eating a favia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I had a severe bubble algae outbreak in my tank and vibrant started working after 5 doses and by ninth dose it all was gone. I have to say that I didn?t really believe it would work but figured I?d give it a shot before breaking down the tank. I had mostly lps, zoas and some sps and everything survived. I used a slightly lower dose than the recommended dose of 1ml per 10 gallon and only dosed once a week. I know of a few people with sps dominant tanks who used it without any issues but also know of someone who lost some sps right after treatment. Basically what I?m trying to say is that I would use it with caution and probably only if all else fails

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 on Vibrant. Started to see Bubble algae start popping up in a few spots so before they got a foothold and spread I started dosing Vibrant. The bacteria in Vibrant out competes the algae for nutrients and starves them out but also causes an imbalance which can spur on the outbreak of Cyano like some people have reported.

I still dose Vibrant once every two weeks as preventive maintenance and test the nutrients to make sure they don't get out of balance once a week.

llobrao

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Vibrant works but I tried several emeralds the females really don?t eat it now the males in the other hand destroy it... one emerald crab is keeping my 75g in check no signs of BA the only place it grows it?s on my power head he can?t reach but that?s light since every few months they need maintenance

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Whats vibrant never heard of it and what effects will it have on sps

I didn?t have any side effects of it. I did notice that after the bubble algae was gone and I continued to use it, I had a small patch of cyano but that went away on its own. I do admit that I dosed more than the recommended amount so that could be why.

Where are you located?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: