jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
would it be wise to use a uv on a mixed reef wat r the positives and negatives i currently have a 120 with corals and fish but have lost some fishes and really dont y ive had my clown fish 2 chromis and my anthias jump out i lost my yellow n purple tang i was only able 2 save the clown only bcuz he jumped out when i was addin water to my ato resevoir would puttin a uv help?

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I was thikkng if putting it on but still wondering wat could have killed my fish not all of them jumped my purple tang just died out of nowhere found him n between a rock n my yellow was swimming all upside down n sideways I did notice a white string from hanging like he was takin a dump weird

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
You can treat with prazipro if you notice stringy white poop but you would also notice that the fish would be eating and getting thinner. Was the yellow and purple fighting at all? The yellow could have bumped into a rock and messed up its swim bladder or could just be the way the fish are caught if you are buying from the same shop.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
they were both eating they came from the same tank they were givin to me by a friend they were doin good but after a couple of months it went sideways purple tang went first couldnt tell wat he died from bcux by the time i notced he was gone the crabs n cleaner shrimps got 2 him yellow tang i noticed the stringy poop but he was eating but then i noticed his belly was sunk in as far as prazipro cant use it becuz i have corals ive been feeding wit garlic so really dont know wat 2 do now thats y i was thiking about a uv

Silkyslim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Definitely parasites. You could try mixing api general cure with focus by sea chem into fish pellets flakes. That way the meds are ingested. Uv won?t help much if the fish is already infested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
but if it was not ich why are you thinking about running a uv? I think your fish had some sort of parasite which does happen. The purple could have just died of natural causes, that happens as well. I ran a uv in my 120 and I had no issues at all. I was actually a huge fan of it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: