Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Do the Vortech MP series powerheads lose their settings when powered off and back on?

I have an MP10 QD and I just realized when I power it off, which I do during a water change, and power it back on the settings are gone.

Speed settings, night mode...everything.

Is this supposed to happen?

I also recently lost a birds nest coral and someone mentioned to me that it could be a flow issue since parameters are in check. I didn?t think much of it but now I realize my MP10 was running at its lowest speed for about two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Are you turning it off on the controller or unplugging it from an outlet?
Shouldn't happen if your powering it off via the controller, I do this at least once a week and it's always gone back to it's program setting.
Not sure if about unplugging it though.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
In case anyone is interested or looking for the same info, here is what customer service told me.

All settings, including speed adjustments, night mode start time, night mode speed, feed mode speed and others are reset back to default after the unit is powered off and back on. Even if the power off is done from the controller.

The reason is that the controller doesn?t have enough onboard memory to hold any data customizations.

Customer service suggested to get the wireless adapter and reef link. With these two options, data is retained and you have much more customization with settings, schedules etc.

This really sucks because these settings are a pain to redo each time from the controller and in my case I think the reduced flow affected my corals.

Hope this info is helpful.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Hmmm great point. I can try that. I may need to lower it a bit as it?s only a few inches from the surface.

My tank is only 12? deep so not much room to really play with (aka sand storm lol) but worth a shot if I can save that $$

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: