jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
For some apparent reason can?t get my ph above 7.8 it drops as far as 7.65 and goes no higher than 7.8 my appartment is on the ground floor towards the back so really no air coming in with the windows open I put a tube to my skimmer and have it out on the window still nothing don?t wanna dose kalk here to many stories I was thiking getting a co2 scrubber what do u Guys think any help will be appreciated

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It?s only a couple of months bought the new apex I?ve calibrated it only time. Y ph goes to 8 is when I do a water change but then it drops later on during the day
I believe you get a spike in the pH because the mixed water is more aerated and has a higher pH. I had the same problem and even a line to the outside wouldn't help with the swings. I installed a scrubber and now my pH hasn't dipped to 7.6 like before. The pH now is 7.9 - 8.3.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
didnt want to get a scrubber because of the amount of $$ it would cost to keep it up n running but this hobby isnt cheap i learned that the hard way back in the days so im ordering it from bulkreefsupply gonna get the dual jumbo just to be on the safe side thnks everyone for the advice well appreciated

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Are you having issues with coral? Don't chase numbers your going to cause more harm then good. My PH goes from 7.4-7.9 everyday. Mike Paletta recently did a study of some of the experts tanks and Sanjay who has one of the nicest sps tanks with incredible growth is maintaining a ph of 7.5-7.8 while Jason fox doesn't even monitor ph. If corals look good i wouldn't mess with it.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I?ve had a couple of corals that died on me my tank has no sps at all I?ve learned in this hobby that what works for some might not work for others rather than keep trying other remedies I?m goiin with the co2 scrubber should be gettin it Monday thanks everyone for the advice we?ll appreciated

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keep in mind that the media will last longer if there's moist air moving through it. I have the BRS reactor also and put a little water in the bottom of the reactor, I put enough so it doesn't evaporate too quickly but not too much so it touching the media.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: