da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Today I had a outage and my Sump over flowed about a 1/2 of water into the stand. Lucky when I did my build I went to Home Depot and picked up a section of rubber that is used for shower pans from the plumbing isle. I places it in the bottom of my stand before installing the sump. The sides come up about 3 inch?s up the stand making a great defense against over flows or spills.
Long story short my filter sock was over flowing and the sponge between compartments in the Sump needed a cleaning. This caused my auto too off to add extra uncalculates water into the system. Power went out and my Sump that can handle it couldn?t.

Attachments

• 90D6BDF6-FE57-4C33-AC71-26261004F41A.jpg
    90D6BDF6-FE57-4C33-AC71-26261004F41A.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 168

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
just a month ago I was doing a water change, like i'd done a million times before, but the first time with a frag tank attached...long story short, never closed the frag tank's return...25 min later, 3" plus of water at the bottom on my stand...but thank the fish gods I had the contractor install a shower pan at the bottom. contained it all.
What a lifesaver. Glad yours worked out as well!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: