da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Recently purchased an auto dosing with 4 pumps. Planning on using it for esv alk and calcium. Also will be dosing potassium nitrate. Is there a recommended time during the day to dose any of these products. Or should it just be broken up over 24 hours.
Still have to do my calculations. Tank is almost 9 months old with mix of lps and sps.
Also any recommendations what I should be looking into since I have a extra pump. Figured I?d save open for now or maybe use it for magnesium if the levels drop.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just spread it out over a 24hr period. Just make sure that the Ca and Alk aren't dosed within minutes of each other, I would wait at least 30 min, mine is set for an hour between doses. I have a 4 pump also and only been using it for Alk and Ca, but recently I switched to once a month water changes and now have to dose some Mg so it's stable until the next water change.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to do mine while the lights are off, in order to offset the pH drop that I get at night. I dose some of my 2-part at like 1am, 3am, 5am, 7am, and then sporadically throughout the day. It obviously depends on how much you are dosing at each time - which depends on livestock load, growth rates, size of tank, type of salt, etc.

I used to get a large pH swing at night, but I now go from 8.2 during the day to 8.1 in the morning. A pH monitor helps achieve some of this.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: