grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
In my refugium it was sort of that way at first and I had to just keep removing the hair algae and eventually the chaeto won over and now grows like crazy. How long have you had that light running. Have you tried other lights

jacobchemical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have had it running for 6 months the refugium. System is about 2 years old. This is the only light I have tried. Light ran for 12 hours. What light do you use?

Last edited:

grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hey. I use a bulb similar to spartanwarrior. I have never added any supplements specifically for the chaeto. The biggest thing I have done to bring down the nitrates besides the refugium was starting vodka dosing. If you haven?t tried that you might want to look into it.

jacobchemical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Anybody in Nassau County have some Chaeto I can have, mine is covered in algae and may be dead now?

Update:

Grsfish actually dropped some off for me. Real great guy. Thanks again

Last edited:

Hove75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I stop using it cause when I started to die It released so much nitrates it killed all my corals. My suggestion dose vinegar or vodka.. but I'll would lean more to vinegar cause it's cheap

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Looking for a way to export nutrients from my system. I was using this light on my refugium.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IVQ96KY/?tag=reefs04-20

The chaeto is tumbling but does not seem to be growing well. Instead I have alot of hair algae growing in the refugium and the chaeto is also covered in algae. Any suggestions?

The light you use , is OK for Algae Scrubber , for Chaetto you need more PARs , 2.700 K ( LEDs) is Great.
LED Recessed Lighting Kit for 6" Cans - Retrofit LED , home d. have it.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: