mfs1855

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So I?m going to dose fliconazole to get rid of bryopsis in my smaller tank. I need about 150mg of the powder.

Does anyone know how to measure such a small amount? I was wondering how large the spoon is that comes with Chemiclean or BRS Reef Chili?

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
you dont need to be too precise with that measurement. the capsules contain 200mg of powder, you can just put it into a pile and split the pile in half twice then throw away 1 quarter of it.

What size tank are you treating in? 7.5 gal?

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
It?s difficult IMO without a gram scale.
Perfect example is a product Ick Shield from New Life. Instructions are clear and concise that the included scoop is .6 gram or 600 milligrams.
I took a level spoon, cut the top with a knife so that it was truly level and weighed it on a gram scale. Repeated process for accuracy and all results were .8 grams or 800 milligrams.
So you can see where I?m going with this, that the only way to be accurate is by weight because powder products are sometimes packed or loose when using a predetermined scoop or vessel.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: