Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Has anyone else ever had a nightmare where they thought a seam busted on their tank and water was pouring everywhere?

Well that nighmare became reality this morning and it has been a **** show ever since. Seam on my 60 cube busted out and started pouring everywhere, while at first I thought it was a really vivid dream I quickly came to realization that it wasn't. My first thought was to grab empty pales and catch as much water as I could, which I did however it was to late. Before I could do that about 20gals had poured onto my carpet soaking everything. Mind you this was 3 am this morning, I got all water out, got fish in buckets and took all my towels and laid them down to soak up as much water as I could. I then took two box fans and turned them on facing the watered carpet to help dry. I took apart as much as the tank that I could with no wet dry vac until 630 this morning there was nothing else I could do then think about what had just happened. I have sucked up as much water as I could and the carpet is still soaking wet. I threw baking soda down to try to absorb as much water as it could and that worked. Currently tank is broken down and outside and I am just trying to keep up with my carpet. Any ideas for drying carpet?

Live stock is accounted for except this beautiful lonley purple tang who is about three inches. I need a home for this guy as he cannot live in a bucket. I need gone today.

With that being said once this is all settled i will be taking a break from the hobby as this was a huge blow at the worst possible time. Happy it happened while i was home though and not at work so i can do as much as i could at the given moment.I am exhusted, wiped and quite sad this has happened. I love this hobby, but for now it is time for me to step away

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Yes I am in an apartment. Used vac, dehumidifier and fans and everythings seems to be alright right now. All livestock was gone the night it happened and are happy in their new homes. As for me, I'm going to re-group and take a break for now. Ill be checking in occassionaly

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: