Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2018, 02:28 PM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Question Gyre on reefer nano

I have an icecap 1k on my reefer nano. It’s in the back middle mounted on the overflow. Initially it seemed like a great spot and flow not too much other than some sand moving in the front middle of the tank.

I recently added some livestock and corals and while the corals didn’t seem to mind too much my clown goby and fire fish hid the whole time.

I tried decreasing the flow to negative or reverse and the flow is much better with everything seemingly happy. The problem I now have is microbubbles I think from the reverse gyre.

1. Has anyone had air bubble issues from a gyre?

2. Any thoughts on how to make the gyre work in the nano?
Old 11-16-2018, 01:03 AM
Send a Private Message
I’d leave it at 10% the fish will eventually adjust.... fire fish will always hide regardless of flow( shy fish). Only comes out to eat.
I have the 3k with no bubble issues.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:33 PM
Send a Private Message
After playing more with configuration and position I capped one end and put it vertical but still seeing bubbles. Not as many but still there.......