Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose.hern621

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello everyone

Looking for someone who has used calcium reactor media that will be going to garbage and is willing to donate (as in free) it. I want to use it as rubble for a shroom/softie/anemone box that?s in the works.

I will pick up in Manhattan, BX, Queens, and possible BK.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Hello everyone

Looking for someone who has used calcium reactor media that will be going to garbage and is willing to donate (as in free) it. I want to use it as rubble for a shroom/softie/anemone box that?s in the works.

I will pick up in Manhattan, BX, Queens, and possible BK.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to know,
Is NOT gone work, you will end up collecting detritus , then organic PO4 , after that inorganic PO4 also Nitrate go up.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
You probably try to use like sand , right ?
Is just like a river, the dif. is, in river water flow continue , in our tanks , just 10-20 % water change per week, some ppl. less then that, the size of crash coral ( Calcium Reactor media) let Detritus to settle in easy, deep and hard to siphon compare to sugar size ( or less) sand.
In my opinion , # 1 one issue in Reef is Detritus , the faster is remove , the cleaner and healthy tank is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: