MrTang

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Everyone,

After being obsessed with reefing throughout high school, I had to abandon the hobby while I attended college and saved up some money.

Now that I'm older and have my own place, I'm returning and this time around, my girlfriend and I are building our dream tank from an equipment perspective (see tank specs below)

Now that we're set up, our issue is that we have room for one remaining fish, and I'm looking to do something really special. Given my tank setup, what would you recommend? My challenge so far has been my smaller tank size. I'm willing to drop around $200-$300 on my last inhabitant :)

Please post your recommendations below.

Note: I plan on buying online, as oppose to LFS. I'm also looking for suggestions on that as well.

Thank you!

Equipment:
Red Sea Reefer 250 Deluxe (65 Gallons)
2 Hydra 26 HD Lights
Reef Octopus VarioS 6S Return Pump
EcoTech MP40
NYOS 120 Skimmer
Apex Fusion
65 Pounds of Tonga Live Rock
2 Inches of Fiji Pink Live Sand

Current Fish:
2x Clownfish
1 Angel Fish
1 Flameback (Both angels were purchased from the same tank from LFS)

Water Parameters:
78 Degrees
0 Ammonia
0 Nitrite
5 Nitrate
380 Calcium
8.3 PH
ORP 370
.04 Phosphate

MrTang

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought new.

@Branespikin, I've heard that's the problem with the reefer. I bought a custom lid that's coming in 2 weeks before I add any wrasse.

I'll post pics once I get it.

Thanks for the insight!

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I bought new.

@Branespikin, I've heard that's the problem with the reefer. I bought a custom lid that's coming in 2 weeks before I add any wrasse.

I'll post pics once I get it.

Thanks for the insight!

Oh i had the lid on. He gets thru the smallest holes. I had Artfully Acrylic lid. Like 1/4? space between light bracket and lid. Had him jump out 3 times

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: