Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Reefer Ratings: (7 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Ozone Users

Anybody using ozone on their tanks or anybody that was using it and decided to stop using, if so why
Old 01-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Reefer Ratings: (62 (100%)
Friends: (41)
Send a Private Message
I use it on my tank .makes the water very clear
Old 01-09-2019, 02:26 PM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliethetuna88 View Post
I use it on my tank .makes the water very clear
What size tank, What brand , how much you use and do you smell it or not to smell it I'm still confused about it because they say its dangerous
Old 01-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Reefer Ratings: (62 (100%)
Friends: (41)
Send a Private Message
My tank system is 575 gallons .I have the 200 mg/hr ozone Generator attached to my apex orp probe to turn off when my tanks orp gets over 430 ..i dose the ozone threw my skimmer ,as for the smell on top of the skimmer cup I have 4 vent holes .I put little carbon bags on top of the holes so the ozen smell gets filtered there the carbon ...
If your goi g to try it get a smaller unit than u would need so u have a lesser chance of overdosing..
Old 01-10-2019, 09:12 AM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (77 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
I try few times , is very true , make water clear ( just like Active Carbon) i use on day time only, i use 80 mg , unit push 200 , i got around 450 Gal. system, i decide to stop, use just like monitor ORP.
Yes, smell , if you have the tank close were rest , i will not suggest , even if you use Charcoal ( to remove the rest of Ozone you use ) also will be great if you check the moisture in that specific room you got the tank .

Bottom line is this, you are the judge , if your tank is doing well , just ignore the Ozone, dosing Ozone may kill some bad bacteria , etc. but kill the GOOD bacteria in the same time , just like Hydrogen Peroxide , try some how to keep Nitrate 4-5 ppm , steady, PO4 keep 0.02 to 0.06 then you have strong immunity tank .

In my opinion.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliethetuna88 View Post
My tank system is 575 gallons .I have the 200 mg/hr ozone Generator attached to my apex orp probe to turn off when my tanks orp gets over 430 ..i dose the ozone threw my skimmer ,as for the smell on top of the skimmer cup I have 4 vent holes .I put little carbon bags on top of the holes so the ozen smell gets filtered there the carbon ...
If your goi g to try it get a smaller unit than u would need so u have a lesser chance of overdosing..
Oh ok thanks
Old 01-10-2019, 12:00 PM
Send a Private Message
Charliethetuna88 nice size tank it must be awesome
Old 01-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by vio View Post
I try few times , is very true , make water clear ( just like Active Carbon) i use on day time only, i use 80 mg , unit push 200 , i got around 450 Gal. system, i decide to stop, use just like monitor ORP.
Yes, smell , if you have the tank close were rest , i will not suggest , even if you use Charcoal ( to remove the rest of Ozone you use ) also will be great if you check the moisture in that specific room you got the tank .

Bottom line is this, you are the judge , if your tank is doing well , just ignore the Ozone, dosing Ozone may kill some bad bacteria , etc. but kill the GOOD bacteria in the same time , just like Hydrogen Peroxide , try some how to keep Nitrate 4-5 ppm , steady, PO4 keep 0.02 to 0.06 then you have strong immunity tank .

In my opinion.
Wow! The funny thing my water is very clear and I was wondering how ozone would clear,clear water and i heard that it also depends on the glass your tank was made with that make your water look tinted

Last edited by Jzdad; 01-10-2019 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Forgot to finish thought