jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Would a uv be good for a mixed reef with fish reason im asking is that i had a fish die saw a white stringy hangin from his body like he was taking a poop so i bought dr gs anti parasitic food but he didnt make it lost 2 other fish as well and my 2 pj cardinals have a swollen eye so im figuring its something in the water or one of the fish i got had some sort of parasite i still have other fish in the system so would a uv help or do i need to take out all the fish and set up a qt tank

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Both

I run a uv on my display but I also qt everything before it goes in. I use copper for 15 days then prazi for a week. I would pull everything out for 11 weeks and treat before they go back in.

Would a uv be good for a mixed reef with fish reason im asking is that i had a fish die saw a white stringy hangin from his body like he was taking a poop so i bought dr gs anti parasitic food but he didnt make it lost 2 other fish as well and my 2 pj cardinals have a swollen eye so im figuring its something in the water or one of the fish i got had some sort of parasite i still have other fish in the system so would a uv help or do i need to take out all the fish and set up a qt tank

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
30 or 40 gallons

I?d say minimum 30 gallon tank w a good hob filter. I use marineland penguin 150 and a good powerhead for flow. I use 4? pvc fittings for fish to hide in. As well as a large piece of rock. If u use rock and put copper in you can never use that rock in a reef tank. Remember to pull the carbon out if u r using meds.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: