nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
How can I eliminate a gurgling/toilet flushing sound coming from my overflow. It?s an Elos tank I just setup, I?m using the original Elos corrugated hose which has an inside diameter of 1-1/2? and when I cut the hose left it a little long so it doesn?t drop down straight has a slight bend.

Will it go away if I cut down the pipe so that I eliminate that slight bend?

Thanks

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Typically you would open up or close up the air vent in the top of the durso pipe, assuming it was a durso overflow that Elos uses. There should be a hole in the top of the elbow on your drain pipe. You could drill it bigger or add a length of air line to adjust the amount of air going in.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Overflow noise

Elos uses a solid looking block w/threaded portion that takes in the water and a barb end where you hook up the drain corrogulated hose down to the sump. So if I was to drill a hole on the top of the overflow block that would help, how about water pissing out that hole?

Thanks

Rating - 100%
278   0   0
How can I eliminate a gurgling/toilet flushing sound coming from my overflow. It?s an Elos tank I just setup, I?m using the original Elos corrugated hose which has an inside diameter of 1-1/2? and when I cut the hose left it a little long so it doesn?t drop down straight has a slight bend.

Will it go away if I cut down the pipe so that I eliminate that slight bend?

Thanks

hey buddy,
this is normal with Elos tanks, once they are running for a bit (1-2 months) this noise will subside itself. i didnt believe it at first but it really does. something to do with once there is a good of bacteria build up in the overflow it balance out the flow going down the overflow. there is a PVC attachment you can use to silence it but once it broke it i never heard the noise again

Antf

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I put vents on the top of my return pipes. Did this after 6 months, i wish I had set it up that way t begin with. Im not sure what the Elos set up looks like, but make the changes now, while its still new. I suffered for months.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Update Overflow Noise Problem

Ok MR, thanks to everyone that offered fixes and solutions.

*overflow running nearly silent* - I removed the kink in the overflow hose and adjusted my return pump (Neptune Cor 20) that has made my tank nearly silent the only sound I can hear is a slight noise from the return pump.

Mods please close thread

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: