jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
After i did my water change my apex salinty probe is reading 1.2 this has never happened to me tried to recalibrate it but ive gone through 2 solutions already and nothing it goes all the way to step 6 and stays there i know im doing it right because ive done it plenty of times before maybe my probe is no good

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Apex salinity probe and calibration is a .......mess, i do some home work on internet , everyone complain, i fell like Apex is very , very expensive timer, i use most for lights ON and OFF , my worst investment , i regret every minute . I hope someone offer me $ 600 i pay $ 800, :anger2:

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Apex salinity probe and calibration is a .......mess, i do some home work on internet , everyone complain, i fell like Apex is very , very expensive timer, i use most for lights ON and OFF , my worst investment , i regret every minute . I hope someone offer me $ 600 i pay $ 800, :anger2:

Good to know. I?ve been contemplating investing in one. Now I?m not so sure lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
2 me it?s worth it as far as controlling my set up my only gripe is the salinity probe but u can get the one with just the temp n ph probe I had gotten a great deal from another member so it was hard not 2 get it

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Apex probe are prone to get air bubble in the tip. Air bubbles will throw off the reading.
Shake the probe under water to get the bubble out. Reading will go back to normal once bubble is gone.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
My best best is it got damaged or whent bad they are very sensitive.

For others that doubt Apex...
Apex is worth every penny if you take the time to do your HOMEWORK.
so many features other than turning on and off , it?s all about programming and doing research.

Point of the story READ!

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
With all respect , if you do your HOMEWORK , will find out all over the forums , Salinity probe , calibration sucks .

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
salinity is tricky , but not impossible. they have good customer support also .

but in general the Apex is not hard if you research and actually want to learn and dedicate the time to program. it can text you email you push notifications if you set it up correctly .

its a very good safety net.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: