Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2019, 09:08 PM
Got Reef?
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (4)
Send a Private Message
Cespitularia

So I just picked up a large piece. Do I need to put it on an island? Reading mixed reviews on how invasive it gets vs Xenia.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-15-2019, 09:50 PM
Dre
Reefer Ratings: (95 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
Cespitularia is not the cheapest coral and is sought after by hobbyist. I wouldn't worry about it spreading. Get the correct identification. Difficult to tell what yours actually is.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:07 PM
Got Reef?
Send a Private Message
Picked it up from LA divers den. Looks like it when compared to other pics I have seen. I think most out there that say it spreads fast mistake it for pumping Xenia or Anthelia.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:48 PM
Dre
Reefer Ratings: (95 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
It too spreads but its a hit or miss just like it's cousins. Nevertheless, you need the correct name
Old 02-19-2019, 10:39 PM
Got Reef?
Send a Private Message
Apparently this coral tastes good to tangs. Yellow tang and hippo tang keep grazing on it. Angels have no interest but tangs....who would have thought?