Name this nuisance algae and remedy!

evoIX_Reefer

Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I appreciate your help.

I've been pulling it and constant rowaphos. I feed my tank rods food so though I should really test my phos. It should be low as I never had a prior problem with it. The algae didn't show up until I added new chaeto months down the road. I think it likely contained bad algae and leaked into the display.

I have done blackout and it comes back.

Last edited:

jd371

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have the same. It's like GHA but not as fine and thicker, I've tried everything and can't get rid of this. Flucanozole knocked it back some but didn't get rid of it and it came back. I manually pull some out when I do WC's but it comes back.

jd371

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it coould be Cladophoropsis, Green Wiry Algae
I think this is what I have. I have some GHA in my sump and when I do a side by side comparison the strands of this stuff are a lot thicker. I've tried Flucanozole twice now and it does knock it down a little but doesn't get rid of it.

Bought some Emarald crabs and out of the four I bought one died, two are a no show and the last one I've seen eat it a few times but not enough to make a dent.

It stopped spreading and is only confined to the few spots in the tank so as of now I'll just let it be.

Ligershark

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
try more flucanazole it should get rid of it
this. dose more fluconazole, make sure you pull gfo and carbon and do a decent water change before dosing. and blast the tank with light. as it starts dying off move rock or shaded areas to get light. the light helps destroy the cell wall with the fluconazole.