Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2019, 11:06 AM
Reefer Ratings: (15 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
Bronx Skimmer

I have a reef octopus sss150 skimmer with a flaot valve switch it keeps cutting off do to the collection getting filled up it it was working with no problem pulling out everyhting but now i have to keep checking it because it keeps getting filled up and shutting off i took it out and cleaned the entire unit but it still keeps doing the same thing is there anything that i can do to stop this from happening water level is 8 as recommended
Old 03-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Reefer Ratings: (69 (100%)
Friends: (6)
Send a Private Message
Youre saying your collection cup fills up quicker than you want it to? You can increase the water flow leaving the skimmer unit so the level in the skimmer body drops. This should make the skimmate a bit drier.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:12 PM
Send a Private Message
I had it running dry but for some reason it’s filling up more faster than. Usual
Old 03-03-2019, 12:31 PM
Reefer Ratings: (69 (100%)
Friends: (6)
Send a Private Message
Could be several reason... did you add any medications or change out anything in your tank recently? things like filter socks some times come with some stuff on them that makes made my skimmer go nuts when they were new. Also could be some airborne chemical that got into your system that the filter is trying to get out.

Otherwise my best guess would be you accidentally touched the water out knob, something is clogging or blocking the water out knob, or your air intake may be obstructed by some salt or calcium build up.

Those are the reasons I know of that would cause a skimmer to start making more skimmate.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Send a Private Message
I just gonna leave it running without the cup and take it from there thnks 4 da help