Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2019, 09:49 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Adding another tank to the system????

So I’m planning on adding a 40 breeder frag tank to my current 100 gallon all sps system. I have a couple questions maybe the pros can weigh in on.

1- what should I be prepared for? Diatoms?
2- Will I be adjusting my 2 part due to more water volume although the coral load will still remain the same for a while?
3- any advice helps I just want to be prepared

My salt matches my parameters pretty close
I won’t be adding lights to the frag tank for a little while.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-04-2019, 11:09 PM
Reefer Ratings: (63 (100%)
Friends: (6)
Send a Private Message
I did this a while back. I dont remember much needing to be changed. Didnt get any diatoms, didnt need to changing dosing much. Im assuming youre going to use a common sump, the most important thing imo is to make sure you sump can handle the extra water during a black out.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:05 AM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
I should be good in the sump and I use check valves for the returns. The water level is adjustable on the trigger39 just Incase I need a little more room for drainage
Thanks for the reminder

Last edited by RetroReefs13; 03-05-2019 at 12:08 AM..