Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2019, 11:59 PM
Reefer Ratings: (6 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Black Storm Clownfish?

Hello everyone i have a question about black storms i purchased 2 today at my LFS but they were pretty light colored almost like a mocha but they were small about 3/4 inch and 1 inch. I was told thats how Black Storms are as babies and they darken once they get little bigger is that true or are these just mocha storms?
Old 03-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Hard to say, when I got my storms they were pretty small just about an inch mouth to tail
And they were already jet black, I know with the black ocellaris it takes time and same with midnights. However I don’t think that applies to the storms cuz I have yet to see or haven’t heard of anyone’s storms taking time to change color.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:55 PM
Send a Private Message
Thank you for the help I will be pretty disappointed if they are mocha storms because I got them from a Vendor that sponsors on here so I’m gonna speak to them today
Old 03-07-2019, 08:38 PM
Reefer Ratings: (5 (100%)
Send a Private Message
I purchased one at a LFS 2 weeks ago also looked mocha but was told that's how they look when young and is black storm. Probably same place

Anyway, it died within a week. I haven't lost a new clownfish addition in 20 years of reefing. Lots of money, not happy.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Send a Private Message
Oh wow was it in Brooklyn if it was most likely it’s the same spot that’s crazy it died though sorry to hear that
Old 03-08-2019, 12:51 AM
Reefer Ratings: (5 (100%)
Send a Private Message
No, it was in Queens.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Send a Private Message
they are light when they are babies. don't worry, they'll get darker