Black Storm Clownfish?

redwhiteandink

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hello everyone i have a question about black storms i purchased 2 today at my LFS but they were pretty light colored almost like a mocha but they were small about 3/4 inch and 1 inch. I was told thats how Black Storms are as babies and they darken once they get little bigger is that true or are these just mocha storms?

meherbas

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hard to say, when I got my storms they were pretty small just about an inch mouth to tail
And they were already jet black, I know with the black ocellaris it takes time and same with midnights. However I don?t think that applies to the storms cuz I have yet to see or haven?t heard of anyone?s storms taking time to change color.

redwhiteandink

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Thank you for the help I will be pretty disappointed if they are mocha storms because I got them from a Vendor that sponsors on here so I?m gonna speak to them today

smallreef

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I purchased one at a LFS 2 weeks ago also looked mocha but was told that's how they look when young and is black storm. Probably same place

Anyway, it died within a week. I haven't lost a new clownfish addition in 20 years of reefing. Lots of money, not happy.