Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hello,

I have tried to find this online, but each and every time, people only show the shiny side of their equipment: Nicely aligned controllers and their modules, where the 6 feet cords disappear immediately into a version of the black hole that was recently photographed.

So my question is: can anyone who has these nice setups show me the "behind the scenes?" I want to clean up my clutter, but I am looking for tips on how to make them invisible, while still being able to pull one at a time during replacement/cleaning, and... it has to be electrically safe too.

I am not interested in the front part surrounded by diamonds, but really, how do you deal with all these long cords and cables in the back.

Thank you...

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Interesting, however... still need to bring electricity to these pumps... here it looks like it is just placing all pump controllers in one box. I only have a single controller, for my VorTech, so that would not do much.

I am also thinking about coax cables to probes etc.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting, however... still need to bring electricity to these pumps... here it looks like it is just placing all pump controllers in one box. I only have a single controller, for my VorTech, so that would not do much.

I am also thinking about coax cables to probes etc.
Yeah, but if you have 4 pumps this lets you power them with only one power block instead of each having it's own.

On my tank it's the lighting that has the most wires. Thankfully I have a floating canopy that I can hide all the wires.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Wire channels

I had a guy come to my house and organize my electrical cabinet. Wasn?t cheap but it?s so organized now it was worth it. I have over 20 plugs for various pumps, lights,etc. I use my apex eb832 for the stuff I want more controllability on and two dj strips for the remaining stuff. I will post better pictures tomorrow but here?s a basic idea.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Idea

It?s actually neater now that I have the dos and ddr

Attachments

• 69FEB235-35BE-4DB8-B809-6C46AD0181EE.jpg
    69FEB235-35BE-4DB8-B809-6C46AD0181EE.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 89

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Thanks, so basically you hide the cables and co in these rack-ducts. I was thinking about doing that. Guess I will order some. I used these black spirals that you have for your tubes, but for probes, and ended up regretting it when it was time to replace or clean one. But I will use your idea and put them on the tubes. since these do not get moved around much.

Thanks for the picture!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: